DPFoundation:Distributed Proofreaders Foundation
The Distributed Proofreaders Foundation
The Distributed Proofreaders Foundation (DPF) is the legal entity through which the Distributed Proofreaders organization is governed.
The official title of the Foundation is Distributed Proofreaders Foundation, Inc. It is a 501(c)3 tax exempt public charity. The tax id. or EIN Number is 20-4682326 and donations are tax exempt under US Law. For information on donating to the Distributed Proofreaders Foundation please see this page.
Present By-Laws may be found here.
Historical By-Laws may be found here.
The original Certificate of Incorporation may be found here in pdf form: click here.
DPF's mission statement as adopted by the Board in March 2012:
- The mission of the Distributed Proofreaders Foundation is the preservation of public domain works, primarily books, by converting them to high-quality, freely available digital transcriptions through the distributed efforts of a supportive community of volunteers.
Board of Trustees
The history and responsibility of the Board is detailed at Board of Trustees, but the current members of the Board are also presented here.
The Board members at present, office (if any), year of election, and last year of current term are
- Casey Peel, cpeel, President, (Trustee from 2016 until 2019).
- Walt Farrell, wfarrell, Secretary (Trustee from 2013 until 2019).
- Charlene Taylor, puppernutter, Treasurer (Trustee from 2016 until 2018).
- Dianna Adair, Adair (Trustee from 2011 until 2018).
- Juliet Sutherland, JulietS (Trustee from 2014 until 2017).
- Greg Newby, gbnewby ('external member' Trustee from 2011 to 2014; Class 4 Trustee from 2014 to 2017).
- Sharon Joiner, srjfoo (Trustee from 2016 until 2017).
- Trustee terms begin on June 1 of their election year, and end on May 31 of the year their term ends.
- The DP General Manager, Linda Hamilton lhamilton, is also an ex officio (non-voting) member of the DPF Board.
If you need to contact one of the officers you can use the links above to do so via PM if you're a DP volunteer, or you may use one of the following email addresses:
- President: dpf-president at pgdp.net
- Secretary: dpf-secretary at pgdp.net
- Treasurer: dpf-treasurer at pgdp.net
The Distributed Proofreaders Foundation welcomes (and depends on) monetary donations in order to carry out our goal of supporting the Distributed Proofreaders website and enabling the volunteers at DP to continue providing books to Project Gutenberg. If you would like to assist us in supporting Distributed Proofreaders by making a donation, please see this page for information on the contribution methods that we support.
- If you would like to see additional information on the DP Foundation wiki pages, please make your suggestions on this page: DPFoundation talk:Distributed Proofreaders Foundation.
- Distributed Proofreaders